Thanks

Thanks for stopping in. There isn't really a rhyme or reason to this blog. It's just what comes to my head as I go through each day. If something I say resonates with you (positively or not), please leave a comment. It helps to know that people care. Thanks for reading!

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Going home

I'm in the process of trying to write down all of the beautiful and painful and inspiring and awful moments of the last few days...but as it did with Charlotte, it will take me some time to get it all down.  

I'm realizing now that maybe a part of my mourning for Chris was also a mourning for my daughter.  Charlotte had no ceremonies, no words spoken, no grave to visit, no flowers bought.  I think going through this process of mourning for Chris also took me through the process for my daughter, in a way I never got before.  Maybe.

In the mean time, I want to share the song "Going Home."  I've heard it played several times the last few days...and it breaks my heart a little each time.  Here are the lyrics, and a video of it being played.  

To be fair...no one likes bagpipes.  But I think, in this circumstance (and only this circumstance) they are the only instrument that would work.

Lyrics: "GOING HOME"(Antonin Dvorak)    
Going home, going home,
I'm a going home.
Quiet-like, some still day,
I'm just going home.
It's not far, just close by,
Through an open door.
Work all done, care laid by,
Going to fear no more.
Mother's there, expecting me,
Father's waiting too.
Lots of folk gathered there,
All the friends I knew.
Nothing's lost, all's gain,
No more fear or pain,
No more stumbling by the way,
Going to roam no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment