Thanks

Thanks for stopping in. There isn't really a rhyme or reason to this blog. It's just what comes to my head as I go through each day. If something I say resonates with you (positively or not), please leave a comment. It helps to know that people care. Thanks for reading!

Thursday, November 1, 2012

First day of November...first day of Thanks...

As with my photo journey, I don't see myself doing this every day...but I want to post something I'm thankful for each month of November.  Sometimes I get so swamped in my (selfish) grief and loss process that I forget to take the time to express my thanks.  Don't get me wrong: I am not, in any way, shape, or form, taking any of my blessings for granted.  Still, I dwell on the sadness sometimes.

SO

November 1--Day 1--I am thankful for my husband.

Today I want to express my thankfulness for my wonderful husband.  I usually focus on the Meemers when expressing my joy, but Mike is also a huge part of my happiness every day.  I am so lucky to have him in my life. 

We found each other over fourteen years ago, when we were both in high school.  Though there were rough patches (big, gaping, pot hole sized ones) along the way, once we got serious, engaged, and married, neither of us has regretted a day we've spent together. 

He is the only person, I truly believe, who really knows me for who I am.  He is the only person that I don't worry is secretly annoyed by me.  He is the only person who understands me without explanation or excuse. 

I often wonder if other people out there are as happy and in love as we are.  The answer I always reach is that I hope so...but I doubt it.  If they were, there wouldn't be so much hate an ugliness in the world.  Having a person (cliche!!) be the piece that you didn't know was missing makes it close to impossible to be ugly like that.


No comments:

Post a Comment