Thanks

Thanks for stopping in. There isn't really a rhyme or reason to this blog. It's just what comes to my head as I go through each day. If something I say resonates with you (positively or not), please leave a comment. It helps to know that people care. Thanks for reading!

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Days 9 and 10 of thanks

Yesterday, November 9th, my 9th day of thanks, I was thankful for my new stereo in my old car.  I drive a 2000 Accord.  It had a tape deck stereo with 6 programmed radio stations.  No CD player, no auxiliary hookup, nothing fancy.  For my birthday, Mike gave me both a new MP3 player with Bluetooth and a new car stereo that connects with Bluetooth.  It's pretty amazing.  It shines with pretty changing colors, it plays music I actually like, and I was able to install it myself.  Now that my drive to work has increased from 5 minutes (my old school) to 30-45 minutes (my new school), I really needed an upgrade.  One can only listen to news radio so much!

Today, November 10th, my 10th day of thanks, I am thankful for having the ability to spoil my daughter.  Today I went out to get her a small Abby Cadabby plush doll...the pink fairy from Sesame Street.  She loves her.  A lot.  So that's what I went out for.  I also got her three books, a pair of jeans and a shirt, a coloring book and markers, and an animatronic Elmo (that's for Christmas, though...does that count?).  I am very thankful that I am able to do this.  I know that I go over the top, but I love to see her little face light up when she reads a new book...

As a side note, I do plan to pay this one forward.  For Christmas, I am going to go Christmas shopping for Charlotte as I would have if...I'm going to buy her clothes and toys and books.  I'm going to give it to Toys for Tots.  It hurts my heart that I can't spoil Charlotte as I do Mia, but I feel like her little spirit would like to be remembered by me in this way.  If I believe that she was selfless enough to choose to give us a healthy child in the future, I also have to believe that she would want a little baby without parents as lucky as we are to have the material things that are rightly hers.  I wish I could wrap them and put them under our tree...but some baby out there just like Charlotte should have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment