Thanks

Thanks for stopping in. There isn't really a rhyme or reason to this blog. It's just what comes to my head as I go through each day. If something I say resonates with you (positively or not), please leave a comment. It helps to know that people care. Thanks for reading!

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Days 7 & 8 of Thanks

It's the 8th of November, and I have two days of thanks

For the 7th, I am thankful for my abilities.  It seems strange to almost be thanking myself for something..but it's true.  I am thankful that I can do a lot of the stuff that I can do.

For example, I can McGuyver stuff.  Half of the things in my house are held together by rubber bands and chewing gum, but it all works.  I'm not afraid to try to do things that I don't know how to do for fear of messing it up.  I'll just mess it up.  If it's broken or undone to start with, what does it hurt if I mess it up a little more, first?  As a result, if you ask me how to do something, I'll help you.  It doesn't matter if I know how to do it.  I'll figure it out as I go.  I just learned how to mail merge in this fashion last week.  I installed my own car stereo with directions not written in English and a YouTube video.  Cool stuff!

I also am very good at being vaguely advanced at things.  I don't excel at anything.  I have nothing for which I can say "THAT is what I'm good at."  I can, however, say to most anything, "I'm not half bad at that."  I'm not half bad at many things: teaching, photography, writing, sports, speaking intelligently, being a wife and mother...I do not excel at anything, really, but I am very, very good at being slightly above average.  I'll take that.

For the 8th, today, my 8th day of thanks, I am thankful for my home.  I was tempted to write my house, but that's not the point.  I love my home.  I love my smart cat, my dumb cat, and my attention-sucking dog.  I love that the comforter on my bed doesn't match anything else in my bedroom in the winter but keeps us so warm.  I love the feeling I get when I finish cleaning the kitchen and the whole house somehow feels relatively clean by association.  I love how lucky I am to have a house and family and love that make my home.  I do recognize it...and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment