Thanks

Thanks for stopping in. There isn't really a rhyme or reason to this blog. It's just what comes to my head as I go through each day. If something I say resonates with you (positively or not), please leave a comment. It helps to know that people care. Thanks for reading!

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Days 13 and 14 of Thanks

For my 13th day of thanks, I'm thankful for books.  All kinds of books.

I'm thankful for the very, very bad brain candy I just finished last night by Nora Roberts.  I'm thankful for Jane Eyre. I'm thankful for Goodnight Gorilla (even though I read it no less than 6 times last night...).  I'm thankful for books that are made into movies that will never do them justice.  I'm thankful for books with tangible pages and dust.  I'm thankful for books that exist in electronic impulses (I don't get computers, but that's how I envision it).  I'm thankful for the book with the worst name ever (Empty Cradle, Broken Heart) that had the most helpful message.  I'm thankful for the memoir (An Exact Replica of a Figment of My Imagination) that put into much more eloquent words the thinks I wanted to say but didn't know how to express.

I'm grateful I live in a place where books are plentiful and I have a job that allows me to not be picky.  When I was a little girl, my mom rarely let me get a toy...but I was always, always allowed to get a new book.  I want to start that tradition with Mia, and I hope one day she'll be thankful for them, too.

_____


For my 14th day of thanks, I'm thankful for hope.  I have a quote on the blog post I did about other people's words that I really like for hope: “Hope is the feeling that the feeling you have isn’t permanent.” ― Jean Kerr

That's true.  Really, all hope boils down to a desire for happiness, contentment, fulfillment.  If one has hope, it means that one is missing happiness or contentment or fulfillment.  I hope for many things.  It's not that I'm unhappy or discontent or unfulfilled, really...it's that pieces of me are.  We all have so many dreams and wishes...and some of them will come true...and some of them will only ever be dreams and wishes.  But we can always hope.

I hope that I am always happy and sure of my relationship with Mike.
I hope that Mia grows up healthy and smart and confident.
I hope that Charlotte knows she was loved.
I hope that we're able to have another child.
I hope that I'm able to forgive the people who weren't there for me when I needed them.
I hope that I have a positive impact on someone's life.
I hope that I will write something, someday, that will have an impact on someone other than me.      
I hope that I will matter.

Hope is a beautiful thing.  When it's all you have, it seems so frail and transparent...but it's not.  Hope is the backbone of our soul.  Why else to live, if not to hope? ...I am waxing philosophical at the moment... I hope you won't hold it against me.

No comments:

Post a Comment