Thanks

Thanks for stopping in. There isn't really a rhyme or reason to this blog. It's just what comes to my head as I go through each day. If something I say resonates with you (positively or not), please leave a comment. It helps to know that people care. Thanks for reading!

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Signs

I still don't know if I believe in signs.  I wrote about that in detail a few weeks ago.  I have another example for thought.

Within days of Charlotte's passing, I bought a wind chime that I had inscribed with that silly little poem/rhyme:

An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth and whispered as she closed the book, "Too beautiful for Earth."

It also has her name and birthday on it.  It hangs on my front porch.

Sometimes, if I miss her acutely, I'll go outside and wait for the breeze to blow.  I can tell myself that Charlotte helped the chimes to sound so that I would know she loves me. They're pretty-sounding chimes, not the clashing icky ones.

So, as I sit here tonight, feeling melancholy (as I often do when Mike is working and Mia is sleeping), I heard the wind chimes.  OK, I will grant that it's a stormy night, and it was probably just a strong wind gust.  It's not out of the ordinary.  That being said, they're located on my front porch, and I'm in my office...two closed doors, a whole floor, and the length of the house away from the chimes.  My office is on the back corner of the upstairs floor.  I shouldn't be able to hear them from here...but I did.  Really clearly.

So is it a sign?  Is it coincidence?  Is it both (logical fallacy much?)?

Maybe I shouldn't care.  Maybe I should just take it as it is...I was reminded of my daughter, and I paused to wonder if her spirit is trying to make me less sad.  Isn't that thought, a thought bigger than just me feeling sorry for myself, isn't that thought enough? 

No comments:

Post a Comment