Thanks

Thanks for stopping in. There isn't really a rhyme or reason to this blog. It's just what comes to my head as I go through each day. If something I say resonates with you (positively or not), please leave a comment. It helps to know that people care. Thanks for reading!

Thursday, August 30, 2012

How was your summer?

"How was your summer?"  It's the first thing teachers ask one another when school starts back up every fall.  It's a simple, innocuous question, right? 

How do I answer that question this year?

Here are some ideas I've had and rejected:
  • Well, aside from my daughter dying, it wasn't too bad.
  • My little girl was stillborn in the middle of it, but I went to the beach for two weeks...that evens out, right?
  • It was OK...lots of good things, but also some personal issues.  (I thought this one would actually work...until I tried it, and the person I said this to said, "I had personal issues, too!  My daughter had lice."  Yeah.  Mine died.)
  • Great.
So what's left?  Shrug?  Mumble?  Ignore the question?

Maybe I'll just say it could have been better and then internally laugh at the ridiculousness of the understatement.

No comments:

Post a Comment