Thanks

Thanks for stopping in. There isn't really a rhyme or reason to this blog. It's just what comes to my head as I go through each day. If something I say resonates with you (positively or not), please leave a comment. It helps to know that people care. Thanks for reading!

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Frustrated

Dear friends and family...especially family:

Please give a shit.  Not even a whole shit.  How about half of one? 

Sincerely, me


OK, so I'm having a bad day.  We sent out an email to our family members about what we need from them in terms of support.  We asked that they let us know they care.  We asked that they ask us about Charlotte.  We let them know that we have pictures and my journal that we really want to share, but we need them to ask to see them...we need them to take that initiative so we know they really actually care and want to understand.

We sent this email out to ten family members...our siblings and our parents. 

...no one responded.

I feel like I'm begging my family to care.  I feel like I keep asking for support, and none is coming.  My family is supposed to care about one another...why, when I'm specifically asking for help, is none being offered?  If we were being vague or hinting that we needed something, I could understand being ignored...but this just seems like deliberate hurtfulness.

I know my family members are good people.  I'm trying to remind myself that this is awkward for them, that they might not know what to say...but that excuse only carries me so far.  My daughter died almost two weeks ago.  How long will I have to wait for them to support me?

No comments:

Post a Comment