Thanks

Thanks for stopping in. There isn't really a rhyme or reason to this blog. It's just what comes to my head as I go through each day. If something I say resonates with you (positively or not), please leave a comment. It helps to know that people care. Thanks for reading!

Monday, January 17, 2011

Flutters and fire

So I have two new pregnancy symptoms:

1)  She's a mover!  Ever since the ultrasound, her kicks have gotten more and more pronounced.  Some of them can even be felt from the outside, now.  Mike hasn't felt her yet....partially because she kicks so sporatically, and partially because I think Mike's a little impatient and/or frustrated with the process.  I don't blame him.  They're still pretty light, so it's hard to distinguish them from my heartbeat or breathing movements....but it will be soon!

2) O....M...G....the heartburn!!  I'm ready to breathe fire.  Seriously.  I'm literally hitting the maximum dosage of Tums EVERY day.  My doctor also said that I could use over the counter Zantac, but I'm trying to save that for the really bad days...the ones where I take two Tums, and then five minutes later I'm ready to burn down the house again.  *sigh*  Apparently there's a theoretical truth (to an extent) in the old wive's tale about hair and heartburn....a lot of one leads to a lot of the other.  At this rate, I think I'll be giving birth to Rapunzel.  Seriously, though...apparently the hormone balance/imbalance that causes heartburn also causes hair to grow....so we'll see!

:-)

23 weeks down, 17 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment