Thanks

Thanks for stopping in. There isn't really a rhyme or reason to this blog. It's just what comes to my head as I go through each day. If something I say resonates with you (positively or not), please leave a comment. It helps to know that people care. Thanks for reading!

Friday, December 3, 2010

Anybody home?

I may or may not possibly maybe be starting to feel the Chicklet move.  Maybe.  I was standing in the library today after school, after what was a very long, tiring, and stressful day.  All of a sudden, I felt a little *POP* in my lower abdomen.  I thought it might just be a gas bubble...but that always leads to gas, and it didn't that time.  I didn't get the feeling of anything moving through, like I do with gas, but more that something was moving in place...like I would imagine the baby would do. 

It's funny, too.  I've been saying since September that I think it's a boy...and now, suddenly, in the last week or so, I can't help thinking that it's a girl.  I was reading online, and, while "he" is usually the default personal pronoun, they kept referring to the babies as "she".  Also, my sister is DEAD SET that it's a girl.  She wants to call her Amelia Bedilia, after the series of children's books that she read to me as a little girl (she's thirteen years older).  Who knows!

I have my next doctor's appointment on Tuesday.  I'll be seventeen weeks and one day at that point.  That means that I should be able to schedule my 20-week ultrasound.  I am exceedingly excited about this.  I'm also a little nervous.  I know that Chicklet's alive and well, and that he's growing just fine, but I have vague paranoia that there will be something wrong with him.  Hopefully not, and the doppler has really helped me to stay calm, but I'm still a little scared.  I'm very thankful I get to listen to the heartbeat every night, because otherwise I would have completely lost my mind by now...hopefully, when and if I start feeling him move consistantly, I'll be able to relax that much more.

I really am just loving every minute of being pregnant...though I still feel funny SAYING that I'm pregnant.  Silly Kait.

No comments:

Post a Comment