Thanks

Thanks for stopping in. There isn't really a rhyme or reason to this blog. It's just what comes to my head as I go through each day. If something I say resonates with you (positively or not), please leave a comment. It helps to know that people care. Thanks for reading!

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The waiting game.

There is a thing called the two week wait.  This refers to the two weeks between ovulation and when you can take a pregnancy test (or get your period).  It sucks.

Now, there are many theories about when one can actually take a pregnancy test.  Some women claim to have gotten a positive as soon as six or seven days after ovulation, which obviously cuts down on the two week wait concept.  Many websites (I've looked) contend that it's really close to impossible to get a positive that soon.  So, when to start?

It's stupid really...if one is pregnant, knowing about it one week sooner makes little to no difference.  It's not as though, if you don't take the test as early as possible, you won't still be pregnant, and it's not as if you wouldn't figure it out soon enough anyway.  That being said, I'm a POAS(pee on a stick) addict.

I want to know as soon as it is physically possible to know, and so I start testing illogically early, just so I'm sure I don't wait one second of time that I could "know".  I started testing three days ago.  I'm not ENTIRELY sure when I ovulated, but I'm pretty sure it was only five days ago.  OK, really?  Who does that?  I started testing only two days after ovulation...just in case.  For those of you not up on the baby-making science, that's just dumb.  I do it knowing full well that A) I'm wasting a lot of money on tests (I get the super cheap internet ones, but still...it adds up) and B) I'm going to see a ton of negatives...which could all be wrong, but I won't know that for another week.

It's not a surprise to take test after test, morning after morning, and see only one line.  I know I can't know yet...  So why do I do it?  Just in case.  You never know.  It could happen.  Besides, a negative isn't a negative until you get your period.  I should know.  I've seen a lot of negatives.


So that's how I've been playing out the waiting game.  I suck at waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment